Pandora's Box

Oh Pandora, don't open it or there won't be any secret left...

Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Sunday, July 09, 2006

The glory of ancient Rome resurrected



Well, I was neither on Italy's nor on France's side. My favorite teams either didn't make it into final 32 (Denmark) or were kicked out of the tournament at an early stage (Czech, Croatia, Spain). My only hopes in the final 8 teams (Argentina and Portugal) couldn't make it to the final match. However, it was fun to watch the game among Italy's die-hard fans. The only thing that truely made me sad was Zidane's weird approach to catharsis. I can't really dig what was in his mind when he did that (I should admit that scene is a guilty pleasure to me). I bet he made a very good case for parody-makers.
I don't want to write more about world cup. As the final note, read the following dialogue happening today in the middle of the match. Who can beat them in relating sex and soccer?
After one of France's shots went past the right bar and very close to the target, my friend, Kaveh, said: "This is a game of inches."
And a Ukrainian girl responded: "Yeah, not much unlike sex!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, ukrainians are funny :) where did you guys watch the game at?

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home